The Central Oregon Coast NOW Foundation is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization. It was founded in 2015 for the purpose of benefiting women and girls who live on the Central Oregon Coast.
Donated Pet Portrait from the 2017 Celebration of Women Silent Auction
At the 2017 Celebration of Women benefiting the Central Oregon Coast NOW Foundation, Newport artist and mayor Sandra Roumagoux donated a “Painting of Your Dog” for the silent auction. Ruth and Jack Kistler were the winning bidders. Thank you Sandy for your generous donation of talent and time. Thank you Ruth and Jack for donating to benefit women, girls, and families on the Central Oregon Coast. The 2018 Celebration of Women will be on November 11, 2018 at the Newport Performing Arts Center.
Press Release, February 28, 2018: Central Oregon Coast NOW Foundation Benefits Centro de Ayuda
On Tuesday, February 27, 2018, the Central Oregon Coast NOW Foundation presented Centro de Ayuda with a check for $1,000 to assist with the ever-increasing services Centro is providing to Lincoln County’s Hispanic community. The check was presented at a talk given to a joint meeting of Central Oregon Coast NOW and the League of Women Voters of Lincoln County by Omar Antonio-Hernandez, Executive Director and Virginia Gibbs, Board Chair of Centro; the talk focused on the challenges currently facing Lincoln County’s Latino population.
The Central Oregon Coast NOW Foundation was established in 2015 by the Central Oregon Coast Chapter of the National Organization for Women (NOW) to improve the lives of residents living on the central Oregon coast by “the promotion of social welfare by supporting women’s rights and other human and civil rights”. The money raised by the Foundation goes to support only local causes. Since its founding three years ago, among the activities and community needs it has supported are an Earthquake Camp for middle school girls, helping send Toledo wind energy teams to national competitions two consecutive years, making substantial contributions to KYAQ public radio to help keep it on the air, helping with emergency housing needs, and providing seed money for activities of the Diversity Coalition of Lincoln County of which Central Oregon Coast NOW is a member. The Foundation is currently working with Oregon Coast Community College to provide a $1500 scholarship for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Funding for the Foundation is provided by individual donations and fundraising activities organized by members of the Central Oregon Coast NOW Chapter. The primary fundraising activity is the Foundation’s annual “Celebration of Women Wine & Chocolate” silent auction event held each Fall. This event is strongly supported by community members, including the business community that donates auction items and services, by local writers and artists, and by other local organizations, including the League of Women Voters of Lincoln County. The 2018 Celebration of Women will be held at the Newport Performing Arts Center on Sunday, November 11.
For more information about the Central Oregon Coast NOW Foundation: www.cocnowfoundation.wordpress.com. Merchants, artists and writers who donated to the 2017 Celebration of Women are listed on the Central Oregon Coast NOW website: https://centraloregoncoastnow.org/women-supportive-businesses/. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about the Foundation or NOW membership
Central Oregon Coast NOW Foundation improves our coastal community:
- Cosponsor with Oregon Coast STEM Hub girls’ robotic teams and provide mentors for the teams
- Provide food boxes for local families.
- Earthquake Day Camp for 6th through 9th grade girls July 18-20, 2016, Oregon Coast Community College North Campus in Lincoln City
- Provide t-shirts for Oregon Coast STEM Hub/Oregon Coast Aquarium GEMS (Girls in Engineering and Marine Science) Camp for girls
- Provide ASK brochures for the Central Coast Ceasefire ASK campaign
- Help fund Central Coast Ceasefire/Newport Police Dept. Gun BuyBack
- Give support to My Sisters’ Place
- Help 5th grade Toledo Elementary girls wave energy team compete at a national competition in New Orleans.
- Substantial donation to PFLAG to assist with emergency housing.
- Help fund KYAQ-91.7 fm, Lincoln County’s only public radio station.
- Provide start-up funding for the Diversity Coalition of Lincoln County
- Underwrite expenses for keynote speaker for Stronger Together March.
You can also support Central Oregon Coast NOW when you shop at AMAZON!
The Central Oregon Coast NOW Foundation is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization. Donations are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
Our Email Address: email@example.com